Thursday, January 12, 2012

the diagnosis

I don't know if I'm coming or going, but I can tell you this:
I am in a lot of pain, I'm drooling and I am wearing a ginormous set of paper pants.

I have three cuts over my stomach, and I can't walk.

The diagnosis isn't great. I have 'severe' endometriosis and it was a difficult operation, as it was found in some really difficult areas, like on my kidneys (!) and bladder.

I didn't think it would be severe. But it does at least answer for the crazy pain I experience every month.

The good news is that my tubes aren't full of it, so I will be able to have babies.
The bad news is that there's still work to be done. It's not over.

I woke up from my delirium yesterday and the first thing I asked, apparently, was "CAN I HAVE KIDS?"

Oh dear.

Everyone has been very supportive. Just haven't heard anything from my parents. Which is kind of hurtful, but in some ways to be expected. Besides they have more important things to deal with like areoplanes and admin.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

By your kidneys!!!! That's hectic, didn't know it could affect anything besides the womb etc, shame!!!! *hugs*

But so happy to hear you can have kids :) 1 of my friends is dying to have a child but she has endo and has had 9 ops so far, I think the younger you have a kid the better, soooo once you're given the green light go for it!

Maybe your parents tried to call and didn't get through or giving you time to rest and then will call... :/

-Chan

Pebbles said...

((BIG HUG))

Val said...

So thrilled for you regarding having kids. They certainly bring joy to anyone's life.
Hope the 'eina' goes away soon and that the future procedures are not as bad as the first.
Hang in there - get the Brit to wait on you hand and foot! :)

Bailey Schneider said...

That is hectic!! I suffer from kidney and bladder problems so I can only imagine the pain! Oh Peas!!
Get better soon!
Sending oodles of love
Much love, Bailey from Vanilla Blonde

Peas on Toast said...

Thanks guys. Really appreciate all your wonderful thoughts and kind words. xxxxx