Tuesday, May 26, 2015

please support us

I took a few days off last week.

After the ILR process in Croydon't, (six hours waiting, and I'll kindly list the things I did while waiting, next time,) I wanted a few days to regroup.

During this time, I did some thinking. Inspired by many people who are doing inspiring, tough things to raise awareness about the sad state of the world.

It just seems the logical next step. It came to me suddenly and it was just "Yes. This is something we just have to do."

It would be therapeutic, raise some funds and awareness of something so important to us, keep us fit and healthy, something the Brit and I could do together.

We are doing a marathon *run folks! I run thrice a week, but I'm not very good at it. Running is something that I have always wanted to be good at, but sadly the glass ceiling sits just above my head.

Needless to say, to push beyond our boundaries for a worthy cause, and something I hope would make my Molly and Sebastian proud of me one day, we are going to do the London British 10k in July.

For Sands, the stillbirth and neonatal death charity - who provide support and ongoing research into why babies seem to die, sometimes, for no reason at all. 

I have to hit the training hard now. I tend to dabble a bit on the 4 km point on the treadmill, not managing to go much further, so God knows how I will run through the streets of London, but here we are.

I'm not good at running. And I'm not good at asking for things.

But here I am: I would very very much love it if you could donate to my JustGiving page.

Proceeds, however small, will go such a long way. It's not for me, it's not for my husband. It's for little babies like Molly who died unexpectedly and no one is really sure why.

I will run every step of the way thanking you with every step.

* This is a marathon to me. Make no mistake.
This is a gif to show you how this might end.

No comments: