Wednesday, July 01, 2015

the anatomy of a run

It's the 12 day countdown until the Brit and I run our race around London for Sands.

And in case you missed it, this is what we are doing. All for charidee, and in memory of Molly. So if this is something that means anything to you, or you want to help, it's not too late to show your support.

In the meantime, the HIIT I've been doing has definitely helped. See what I did there? I even used short-hand. Only people who are really erious about getting fit do that. And my lungs are like two massive hot air balloons right now. (I just need my legs to move faster.)

I am now doing a 6-7 km run every second day, in between 45 minutes of HIIT. I've fitter than I've ever been, even if I definitely don't look like it. (Still a bit wobbly, if you ask me.)

Training for this has been fun, and emotional. I often get quite tearful on the treadmill, as I think of my children and hope they'd be proud of me. Also ecause running for a long time is quite taxing, so maybe that's why I cry sometimes.

This is the pattern I've noticed:



I am going to aim to do this thing in ONE HOUR.

I know. Absurd and preposterous.
I think I'll manage it in - if nothing goes too wrong - about 1 hour 10 minutes.

But I am gunning for an hour.
The Brit in the meantme has been training by running around the common a few times. His JustGiving page needs some love, so if you can't decide who to support, please support his page.

I even treated myself to some shiny, new Nike all-sweat-eradicating threads today.

My Best Irish Gay Friend and his boyfriend are going to babysit Sebastian for us and meet us at the finish line.

I think it's going to be emotional.

1 comment:

It's a pleasure treasure said...

Love your writing. Best of luck x