Friday, July 24, 2009

mushy events


Woah.

I was just about to switch to drinking gin as my new drink, that is until I woke up this morning.

Crisis. Eye make-up everywhere, the brief rememberization of talking to myself quite animatedly in the car on the way home and thinking, ‘Fuck. You’re fucking funny on gin, Peas,’ and now, I actually just wanna rip my own head off.

Ouch, gin hurts. And if what they say is true, will probably burst into tears later.

What a superb and successful night! And this is why God made tranquilisers and gin!
I didn't even break a sweat - and I do. When it involves crowds and talking.

I was so chilled by the time I got to the book venue – Love Books in Melville – I knew I should’ve been more nervous. Vitamin Water everywhere, gin, and of course the awesome people who organized this event, the girls at The Hummingbird.

They even made little mushy peas on toasts! (Which, seriously, I still wouldn’t reccommend for actually serving it to your guests. It traumatised me remember. But ten out of ten for actually making them.)

Then we had to sing.

After a strong Vitamin Water and gin, a mate and I got up to sing a bit of Roxette – but she didn’t have any – so we had to do Rick Astley.

Shit, dancing and moving and choreographing at the same time. (We’re WELL talented), while awesome celebs like Bailey Schneider, Anele from 5fm and Lee-Ann Liebenberg came along. God what a treat – Lee-Ann taught me how to pout, and Bailey and I had to judge the singing. All of them are just such lovely girls.

Also had to talk animatedly about my dildo, while my mother beamed proudly from the crowd – what a kiff turn out – thank you for coming along! – but luckily mum doesn’t even bother to blush anymore.

My new boss might’ve though.

Still a great party, awesome sponsors, a wonderful venue, I got to sign a whole bunch of books, and look, I’m only a little bit hungover today.

(I am going to drink the whole Engen shop on the way to work.) Still talking to myself, this morning. Is this what copious amounts of gin and Vitamin Water does to you? Need to shut my jibber jabber.

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

Miss Pois, sndslyksum1gtoutahnd!
Enjoy the barbie! I always enjoy a barbie especially a real live barbie when she leaves ken at home!
Have a great day! Try 2 Betapain and a double tomato juice straight down the trapdoor!

Peas on Toast said...

Hello Levi - I love the trapdoor connotation, I'm on it - I am already drinking a Fanta for breakfast! woooooohoooo! :)

Anonymous said...

Enjoy! Will connect with you a little later.
PS. Still waiting for the vital stats, you know. But what im hoping for is that you will reveal them while in this state of chemical confusion. I doubt Lindt would work today.. Not even the red little balls... The stats pray tell?

All Hail said...

Peas! When art the next book signage? Was keen to head to Exclusive (do they even stock it btw?) today to pick up a copy...it's PAYDAY! :)

Peas on Toast said...

Levi - haha what stats?
(Sorry but I'm a bit gin retarded today ;)

All Hail - they most certainly do! Yay! And thank you in advance for buying it :) Bless ya!
Not sure when next signage will be - but if I ever see you on the street, I'd be happy to scarwl in your book ;)

Revolving Credit said...

Hahaha..sounds like you got Rick Rolled at your own party...classic!

Peas on Toast said...

Rev - you can't Rickroll me. And don't you DARE. I'm starting to feel terafully hungover. It's not a good look. And that might tip me over the edge! ;)

Mini - I know. I had half and gave the rest to my step father. He was the only one who seemed to enjoy them!

Anonymous said...

Miss Pois, let me spell this out doll! When a gent goes to La Perla or Temptations he needs to know exactly what the ABC is, in fact i learned the ABC at school, but this is another type of ABC. And on this note the maths is also important as in 32, 34, 36 etc. I am very good at my 2x table!

Peas on Toast said...

Ohhh ok :)

My stats are miserbaly small. 34B.

Much like my brain this morning :)

Revolving Credit said...

Shame, poor Peazle..(virtually rubs Peas head and shoulders)..hope you've eaten something and are starting to feel better.

The point however remains that you went with the intension on singing Roxette and for whatever reason ended up with Rick Astley...Honey, I my book, you WERE Rick Rolled!

Anonymous said...

Um.... Lets call that a PERFECT size and leave it at that!

Peas on Toast said...

Rev - hahahah, yes. And indeed I DID do this to myself - because I needed that gin in order not to die from nerves. eeek!

Now I just feel retarded.

Levi - Nice - no one's ever said THAT to me before! :)
xx

Anonymous said...

Its the truth, If you visited the
The Levi Store and did a little reading, you would soon sea what the perfect size range is.. :)
And thats for sure!
Have a great weekend Miss Pois!

wozzel said...

fanta always helps for those nasty hangovers.

i love that they did the pease on toast! bravo :)

Revolving Credit said...

So what was it like being eaten?

Kate said...

Awwww !!! SO sad i missed this peas... wished i coulda bin there i have a slightly stalkerish/fetish with living the peas life.. sigh ;p
ps i agree you most definitely rickrolled your own party!! haha
i took part in this one in london- tooo much fun
http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=rickroll+liverpool+street+station&search_type=&aq=f

Peas on Toast said...

Levi - you have a great weekend too! :)

wozzel - it's cute hey? Couldn't believe my eyes!

Rev - Great, as usual :)

Kate - thanks dollface! And I can feel that you were in spirit, so thank you :)

Bailey Schneider said...

I had an ABSOLUTE blast! Those Gin and Vitamin Waters were dangerous... I bleated out: BRITNEY SPEARS: HIT ME BABY ONE MORE TIME.
GOOD. GRIEF.

Thanks again and well done...I've read your book. twice :-)

Peas on Toast said...

Bails you were such a star - loved the bum smacking sweetheart. You were looking good up there, haha :)

Thanks so much for all the support you've given me with my book, you've been so great. xxx

Anonymous said...

Wishing you a great bloggy week Miss Pois!

zuzula said...

Wow - wish I could have been there! Xx